Monday, March 1, 2010

Medieval Romance.

My reaction to the medieval tales and romances is, I prefer not to read this genre because it does not interest me at all. I don't believe any of it is actually love or romance, or genuine. Majority of the love just happens in the blink of an eye and I do not believe that to be possible. Love takes time, and in these stories, the love happens far too soon and too easily. Love at first sight does not exist, of course, infatuation or attraction at first sight is very real and common, but love? No way. You cannot look at someone and instantly love them, you don't know anything about them, their present, past, or future, therefore you cannot know if they have what you are truly looking for. You can look at someone and think they are attractive but feelings beyond that? No. Similar to Romeo and Juliet, that was not love. That was the worst "love" story I have ever read, it is all fake and all rushed. Love isn't rushed, or shouldn't be at least. But in the first piece we read, Merlin, the king had to have Lady Igraine and felt he needed her, and loved her, and had to be with her, but he did not know anything about her, he just had to get what he wants because he is king. I do not believe in this nor does it interest me at all because of my disbelief and disagreeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment